Smart Start Science is a new and engaging series of Low-Prep, Hands-On experiments, and activities designed for K-2 students. This specific pack, “Experiments for Thanksgiving” includes five complete experiments and follow up activities that are sure to add a little holiday fun to your classroom.
Thanksgiving Science Experiments:
- Leaf Pounding Experiment
- Peculiar Pine Cones Experiment
- Butter Shakers (Making Butter)
- Dancing Corn Experiment
- Cranberry Challenge
For each experiment you’ll be provided with the following teaching resources:
- Experiment Overview & Steps: This sheet features a full color photo example of the experiment, skills in focus, materials list and step by step instructions for completing the experiment.
- Pre-Experiment Journal Page: Students gather materials, form questions and develop a hypothesis.
- Data & Conclusion Journal Page: Students track their data or draw their procedure and write in their final conclusion.
- Follow Up Activity: Each experiment includes a unique activity to follow up the experiment. Many are hands-on, fun and relatable projects, games or handouts for students to try at home.
6 Full-Color Charts outlining the Scientific Method
6 Black and White Coloring Pages of the Scientific Method